[OSM-dev] request for commenting

Jon Burgess jburgess at uklinux.net
Mon Nov 27 20:53:30 GMT 2006

On Mon, 2006-11-27 at 12:36 +0100, raphael Jacquot wrote:
> could PLEASE the original author of osm2pgsql.py document HOW the ways
> are constructed ?

I converted the Python script into C but I was not the original author.
I've just added a brief description of the C code into:
  svn.openstreetmap.org/utils/osm2pgsql/readme.txt

The C code was originally a direct clone of the python algorithm
although it has now diverged slightly.

In my opinion you should use the C version in preference to the python
script. I believe the python script does not generate optimal output
when processing dis-jointed ways (it just emits the first contiguous
sequence of segments found by WKT followed by all others individually).

Please continue to forward any other queries that you have to the dev
list and i'm sure someone will be able to help.

	Jon