[OSM-dev] Deleting nodes from a way

Dean Earley dean at earlsoft.co.uk
Sun Sep 3 19:11:11 BST 2006

Hi all.

When tidying up ways (like the jagged autogenerated coastline :) I find
it would be useful to delete nodes from a way without having to remove
the surrounding segments, delete the node, and re-add the remaining one.

I have created a patch to JOSM that allows just that. It will only
adjust the way if it contains BOTH the segments. If it only contains
one, it will exit and warn the user.

Currently, it adds a separate history item for each way, then the node
deletion.

This is documented on trac at:
http://trac.openstreetmap.org/ticket/270

Imi: If I (or someone else) fixes the history issue, would you be happy
to apply this to the official source tree?

Thanks.

--
Dean Earley, Dee (dean at earlsoft.co.uk)

irc:    irc://irc.blitzed.org/