[OSM-dev] Select and move - mode

Mon Sep 11 10:10:54 BST 2006

Joerg wrote:

> On Monday 11 September 2006 10:51, Andy Robinson wrote:
>> I agree, it´s a bit of a pain now to have deselect the selected item every
>> time you need to adjust the position as you edit, something I do a lot. How
>> about a right mouse click to deselect. That would work for me.
>
> How about <ESC> Key to deselect?

FWIW the standard in commercial drawing programs is either D
("deselect") or shift-A ("opposite of Select All"), with the
appropriate modifier. Illustrator uses Return to mean 'I've finished
drawing this path' which would seem apposite - it's a big, easy target
to hit when what you're doing is mostly mousework.

Richard