[OSM-dev] Proposal: Database accelerator and dirty tile marker based on simple algorithm.

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Sat Sep 16 22:11:05 BST 2006

Nick Hill wrote:

> I think I understand that you are saying the character based system
> enables a description of a larger tile by using fewer characters.

The cache invalidation-upon-write issue is interesting.  How large
are the tile caches that Squid holds today?  As far as I
understand, there should be three such caches today:

 1. Raw background Landsat images.
 2. Landsat images with roads drawn.
 3. Yellow marks for GPS tracklogs, used by the Java applet.

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)