[OSM-dev] [OSM-talk] Landsat and waypoints in JOSM

Robert Hart Robert.Hart at BuroHappold.com
Tue Sep 26 11:59:56 BST 2006

> I haven't implemented much of a UI for this yet. So... how would people
> like
> to use this facility? Shall I use a dialog similar to the one for grabbing
> OSM data from the OSM server?

Sounds fantastic!

I think you should extend the existing dialog. Either a combo box, or
multiple check boxes for osm, gpx and landsat (and contours - I assume
that's next).

> BTW another JOSM patch I added allows you to load waypoints directly into
> the
> OSM data layer. This is something I find useful as often, when out
> walking, I
> record a car park or pub, or other POI, plus its name, as a waypoint and
> it
> would be good to convert it straight to a node. At the moment it does this
> for *any* waypoint with a *non-default* name (i.e. one not beginning with
> zero). However I could change it to only convert waypoints beginning with
> -
> say - "Z"

Hmm. After my camera battery ran out on Sunday morning, I switched to
pen/paper logging. It was easiest for me to take the default waypoint
numbers, then jot down "Avenue Road 127->128" etc. The only problem is that
AFAICS JOSM doesn't display the waypoint ID. I realise this isn't exactly
the same as what you are doing.

It would be great if you could post your patches to the dev list, (or make
them available some other way). I have to say I was impressed with your "map
view" patch when I saw it. Maybe you should post some screenshots of that
too?

Rob

This message has been scanned for viruses by MailControl - www.mailcontrol.com