[OSM-dev] Newbie openstreetmap developer on the "Essen Developers Workshop"?
ulf.lamping at web.de
Tue Apr 3 01:26:24 BST 2007
While I'm a software developer for more than 10 years now, I'm really a
newbie to openstreetmap. As I've focused (at least a bit) on usability
on the open source project I'm working on for years now
(http://www.wireshark.org), I might be able to give you some valuable
hints for openstreetmap.
However, reading the notes at:
I get a bit of a feeling that the discussions mentioned will be just for
Some pros and cons that I'll see for me to attend the meeting:
- "fresh view" from an "outsider"
- "usability focus" - what newbies will stumble over - web page, wiki,
josm, ... I'll prepare a short presentation what I've stumbled over
getting started with openstreetmap
- JOSM Win32 installer - I'm currently working on it, a prototype should
be ready until the meeting. Might need further discussion / work.
- I'll probably understand less, as the terms used are uncommon to me
- "dumb questions/proposals" from a newbie, that are probably discussed
on the lists already years ago ...
Please express your opinion if I will be welcome or misplaced at the
meeting (as it maybe an insider meeting only), so I should avoid the
More information about the dev