[OSM-dev] Anyone with an idea to import OSM maps into a TomTom (Rider)? Isle of Man especially!

Ulf Lamping ulf.lamping at web.de
Thu Apr 5 14:45:21 BST 2007

Thanks for your answer, I had assumed that that's the state :-(

> The TomTom map format is unexplored, and pretty unexploreable.

For a real man, there's no such thing as an unexplorable file format ;-)))

However, agreed that it will be pretty difficult to hack, and I'm not very experienced in doing so :-(

> TomToms, however, are just linux boxes. There is a group called opentom
> who are working on porting various things to them. They haven't got very
> far, though.
>
> See:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/TomTom

Yes, I've added the hints about mapping with tripmaster on it recently ;-)

> http://www.opentom.org/

I've noticed their project, but first wanted to ask here.

Maybe they know a bit more about the map format, however, there's nothing about it on their wiki.

Regards, ULFL

P.S: I don't think they'll have the opentom system ready - with a running navigation incl. routing - until may ;-)