[OSM-dev] New t at h client with multi-layer support

Hakan Tandogan hakan at gurkensalat.com
Fri Apr 6 09:42:43 BST 2007

Frederik Ramm wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> The current (svn 2397) version runs fine on my machine and renders both
>> basemap and maplint tiles; i'm running the client in xy mode tough. I
>> can't test the loop mode without breaking my setup though.
>
> If the reason for this is that you need the tiles for your own purposes
> and don't want them to be deleted by upload.pl: Maybe you can find a way
> to hardlink the files into a second directory, and then run upload.pl on
> that? I did a similar thing once and it worked well - upload.pl ran
> undisturbed, thinking it would delete files after processing, but of
> course they stayed alive in the parallel directory.

No, not that.

I have three scripts, one to produce a list of tiles to process, one to
process whatever tiles might be there (including downloading the
necessary data from the server) and one simple one to upload whatever
has been rendered.

The beauty is in the first script, if it sees an empty "work order"
list, it asks the "Request" URL for a few new tiles. If I need to, I can
also add new tiles into the queue, e.g. for the area I'm working on, or
for areas that "need" maplint tiles, without waiting for the RSS feed or
for users to click on various "render me now" links on
informationfreeway.org.

Regards,
Hakan

P.S.: I keep the rendered tiles for a week and the OSM data until a new
block of data is downloaded for that specific tile. I like to convert
that data to KML to see where I have to drive to next ;-)

--
The Key To Immortality Is First Living A Life Worth Remembering.