[OSM-dev] Some help with proj.4

Andreas Volz lists at brachttal.net
Sat Apr 7 22:21:11 BST 2007

Am Sat, 7 Apr 2007 09:27:05 +0100 schrieb Artem Pavlenko:

> west, east, north, south would give you sign of an angle.
>
> I don't know about you application but It is quite simple to write
> an OpenGL renderer for Mapnik in C++  and re-use projections
> transformations, styling , data access etc.  If you're interested I
> can help you to get started.

Yes, I'm very interested. I found Mapnik some time before, but I've not
really understood for what mapnik is good. The tutorials seems broken.

My current attempt is to access postgis direct without an additional
library. But if Mapnik eases this task I'm open for it.

Is there a minimal example to draw some OSM data in a window with
Mapnik and e.g. OpenGL?

regards
Andreas