[OSM-dev] Some help with proj.4

Stefan de Konink skinkie at xs4all.nl
Sun Apr 8 18:52:18 BST 2007

On Sun, 8 Apr 2007, Dirk-Lüder Kreie wrote:

> Some Ideas about how you can reduce the size of the Problem:
>
> 1. the graph nodes are relatively close to each other (few shortcuts for
>  groups of nodes)

I think some basic stuff done with heuristics is to find primary roads for
'far away' stuff. So what I sugested was: forget the nodes at all, and
only add junction points and different street names. This could be
extended to street house numbers etc. But I don't see OSM doing this in
the near future :)

> Disclaimer: I have next to no knowledge of graph theory.

People without theorethical knowledge are the best problem solvers :) Out
of the box thinking.

Stefan