[OSM-dev] large .osm file to upload

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Sun Apr 8 19:08:06 BST 2007

On Sun, Apr 08, 2007 at 07:48:54PM +0200, Hakan Tandogan wrote:
> Christopher Schmidt wrote:
> >server as a standalone process? I've got a lot of data -- 600,000 roads,
> >the total number of nodes is in the millions -- and I don't really want
> >to split it up into little chunks and upload it a piece at a time
> >through josm :)
>
> Out of curiosity: Which area? That amount of data seems like a quite
> through mapping effort  ;-)

No, it's not a mapping effort, just converting existing data. My
additional mapping will be placed on top of it :)

Massachusetts licenses all its data under an attribution license. This
means that I have more than 200 data layers as vectors which are
suitable for upload to OSM.

I also have something along the lines of 300,000 GPS points collected to
lay on top of the map once it's imported, so I can start adding the new
streets. But most of the effort here is definitely not mine.

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta