[OSM-dev] server

Nick Whitelegg nick at hogweed.org
Sat Apr 14 10:06:33 BST 2007

On Saturday 14 Apr 2007 09:49, SteveC wrote:
> Nick
>
> Do you have the faintest idea why mysql is falling over reliably every
> night? I just rebooted it again..

Just a thought, might be complete rubbish....

Could it be some bot trying to do an unfeasibly large query? I'm sure that was
the reason Freemap kept falling over a few months ago - a bot was trying to
do lots of queries on an old version of the site which was still up. I
removed the old version and it seemed to stop happening.

BTW I'm not getting any response from openstreetmap.org. ucl.ac.uk ok (but
slow)

Nick