[OSM-dev] New stats for wiki

Nick Hill nick at nickhill.co.uk
Tue Apr 17 01:40:21 BST 2007

Hello Thomas

It seems very strange to me that the CSS and JS from the wiki page hit the PHP
script. In effect, causing 3 PHP hits per page. I have mentioned this in the
mediawiki IRC.

The suggestion was that before I start altering mediawiki to reduce PHP hits, I
should first implement a bytecode cache accelerator, which I have done.

The assumption on the mediawiki IRC was that this configuration was somehow
necessary to fix browser CSS bugs. I am not convinced.

I am sure everyone who uses the wiki has enjoyed the difference over the last
several days from the various enhancements made to the server which have
resulted in far lower server load and faster response.