[OSM-dev] OpenID Single sign on

Anselm Hook anselm at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 17:34:14 BST 2007

> (And JOSM as well - unsure how this, being a non-web appilcation, could be
> integrated?)

http://blog.wachob.com/2007/03/openid_for_desk.html

Some people spoke of us being an OpenID provider because they
> disliked the idea of "outsourcing" the ID; their thought was: let our
> central server be an OpenID provider, then all other services can
> "share" the server's user base.

But if you do allow third party openid's then there may be no specific
benefit...  I have had the same temptation for my own projects; being able
to _offer_ openid seems to give both the openid benefit and the closed id
benefit.

I am unfamiliar with OpenID; if you don't have your own provider, are
> there services out there that can be used (and are trustworthy, don't
> spam you, don't display tons of blinking ads and don't charge you
> money)?

I've been using myopenid.com which seems good.

 - a