[OSM-dev] Mapnik showing cities in the sea at zoom level 10

Roozbeh Pournader roozbeh at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 15:24:37 BST 2007

I just came over a problem with a few Iranian cities rendered over the
sea in mapnik rendering instead of land. See for example these cities:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/index.html?lat=36.65&lon=51.45&zoom=10

http://www.openstreetmap.org/index.html?lat=36.45&lon=52.35&zoom=10

It also happens the other way around, where Islands are shown with a
blue outline, but over the land instead of the sea:
http://tile.openstreetmap.org/mapnik/10/672/432.png

The interesting thing is this only seems to happen on zoom level 10.
Zoom level 9 is definitely fine (I don't know about more detailed zoom
levels, as they don't seem to be rendered on the mapnik layer yet.)

Should I file a bug? If yes, where?

Roozbeh