[OSM-dev] T at H under cygwin

Robert Hart bathterror at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 20:36:50 BST 2007

On 19/04/07, J.D. Schmidt <jdsmobile at gmail.com> wrote:

> May I ask, why you decided to include another high-learningcurve step,
> in the form of cygwin ? AFAIK you should be able to run T at H under
> windows without cygwin, since all the prerequisites are available as
> native win32 programs ?
>
> J.D. "Dutch" Schmidt

cygwin is installed on my PC anyway and it never occurred to me to try it
any other way.

It's not that "high" a learning curve. Admittedly I had to install various
additional perl modules and compile pngcrush from source (although that
turned out to be easier than downloading the native binaries), but what the
hell. For windows that's not bad going.

Rob

Robert Hart