[OSM-dev] JOSM

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 16:54:04 BST 2007

On 4/22/07, Jonas Svensson <jonass at lysator.liu.se> wrote:
> Is it possible to hide objects in JOSM, either individually or by
> type? I think it would be easier sometimes to be able to hide an
> area-object to work on ways that are the edges of the area. Also
> the same when I see an area with a lots of tagged segments, then I
> would like to be able to hide some or all ways to have easy access
> to the segments. Maybe it's already there but I have not seen it?

That's not possible currently, though I have been thinking about how
to implement this. What I was wondering was the concept of "layer"
where is a layer is defined by a number of properties, and at any time
you can only select and manipulate objects in the active layer.

Layer is a bad name, since an object can be in multiple layers.

In any case, you could have mode where you can select only ways, only
nodes, only segment, only ways where natural is not "coastline", that
kind of thing. It wouldn't be that easy to implement, but is that sort
of what you're thinking of?

Have a nice day,