[OSM-dev] JOSM

Damian Sulewski Damian.Sulewski at Uni-Dortmund.de
Sun Apr 22 21:27:36 BST 2007

Am Sonntag, den 22.04.2007, 21:56 +0200 schrieb Christoph Eckert:
> > * While mappaint doesn't draw hidden items they are still selectable.
> > * A user could move a node without realising that there were hidden
> > ways attached thus corrupting the hidden ways.
>
> huh, that's bad news. I see the first users adding a node to a way but
> accidentally splitting an invisible landuse=forest segment nearby :( .

Hi,
im the one with the patch :-)
Actually this could happen, but im working on a version, where you can
only edit things you see. The argument from Andy was that an user could
while editing a highway he sees,accidentialy edit a _connected_
footpath, not visible in the zoom level.
My solution would be to tell the user that he is editing an unvisible
way, and ask him if he really wants it.

Greetings,

Damian

--
Verification of concurrent C++ programs:
http://StEAM.cs.uni-dortmund.de