[OSM-dev] dev server unresponsive

Nick Hill nick at nickhill.co.uk
Wed Apr 25 16:04:14 BST 2007

Hello Dirk

The cronjob was updatedb which indexed the entire T at H tileset. I have pruned T at H
from the updatedb process.

There were more than 150 processes competing, most of which were apache
processes. The apache settings were insane. I have corrected these. Don't know
how settings were changed to 150 clients!

Tile writing through T at H is saturating the T at H drive. This is impacting read
performance for T at H. I guess tiles are being generated appx 30x faster than they
are being read, and faster than the hard drive can cope. The T at H scheduler needs
to pull back.