[OSM-dev] Blue sea for tiles at home

Dan Karran dan at karran.net
Fri Apr 27 11:05:07 BST 2007

> Martijn has had a quite clever idea to make it easy for people to edit
> the file. He has provided a 4096x4096 PNG file in which each pixel
> corresponds to one level-12 tile, and a script that generates the 4MB
> data file from it.
>
> I have checked everything in under tilesAtHome/tools/png2tileinfo (and a
> new data file with some fixes that Martijn has provided).
>
> Armed with that and the Gimp or something similar, everybody should be
> able to fix the tile index if required, plus you get a quick visual
> feedback in the editor.

Does the problem of the islet of the south east coast of the Isle of
Man at http://www.openstreetmap.org/index.html?lat=54.074654335196115&lon=-4.629021670990643&zoom=12
look like it would be caused by this? If so, should I change that tile
in the png from blue to white to signify there's coastline there?

Cheers,
Dan

--
Dan Karran