[OSM-dev] Suggestion to replace created_by tags

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sun Apr 29 18:40:46 BST 2007

Hi,

> Seems a clever idea. How would you envisage it working with online
> editors which commit edits one at a time, rather than in a bunch?

I guess one would not be able to really enforce it. I'd expect the
applet to automatically create a change group when it sends the first
create/update/delete command, and then give the user the chance to edit
that change group's comment later. Of course it would be better in terms
of data clarity to require the user to describe what he things he is
about to do (lest it be forgotten later), but that is impractical and
would scare people away.

Bye
Frederik