[OSM-dev] osm2pgsql update - planet size

Joerg Ostertag openstreetmap at ostertag.name
Thu Aug 2 22:40:51 BST 2007

Am Mittwoch, 1. August 2007 23:19:57 schrieb Jon Burgess:
> I've committed a new version which increases the IDs. I've a longer
> term plan to remove this arbitrary limit, but it'll probably take me a
> while before I get around to implement it.

For those of you having a debian system and don't want to do the large
download. Or want to import the database with low memory footprint. You can
try to use the osm-data-mapnik*.deb (~130MB) packages at
	http://gpsdrive.de/debian/pool/main/
currently it's
	http://gpsdrive.de/debian/pool/main/osm-data-mapnik_070725_i386.deb

Currently it should install/fill the mapnik-postgis-Database. Hopefully the
only thing you will have to do is create a role with the username(s) which
wants to access the database. It's not too wide tested (only on my two
machines), but feedback is welcome.

-

Joerg