[OSM-dev] Creating lowzoom tiles

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Aug 2 23:41:38 BST 2007

Hi,

> I thought
>
>  lowzoom 3765 2465 11
>
> should do something useful

It's

lowzoom <make-this-tile-x> <make-this-tile-y> <make-this-tile-zoomlevel>
<make-it-from-tiles-of-this-zoomlevel>

The most common usage is to run it generating level-7 tiles from
level-12 tiles, like so

lowzoom.pl 64 43 7 12

and later create even smaller tiles from the l7 ones, like

lowzoom.pl 2 2 3 7

If you really only want to create one lowzoom tile at level 11, then
your command line will work if you just add the 12 as fourth parameter.

Bye
Frederik

PS: Anything special about getting t at h to work unter Windows? A guy
contacted me recently because he got error messages like
"\temp\/somefile.png.part empty" or something like that and I couldn't
really help him...