[OSM-dev] Perl/GD problems

Brent Easton b.easton at exemail.com.au
Fri Aug 3 03:30:27 BST 2007

Yep,

That seems to have got it going - it's not stopping now.

It doesn't quite to a restart of processing since the level 12 tiles are deleted after being combined into a level 11 tile, so most of them don't exist anymore. I can see a few things we can do:

 1. Try (say) 10 times to mirror the tile, then give up, rather than infinite loop (as per your suggestion).
 2. Check if the supertile exists and not recreate it if it does. This will give proper restart capability
 3. Add an optional 'clean' parameter to force a cleanup of temp. If 'clean' not specified, but files exist in temp, then ask user if they want to do a cleanup.

I might have a play with these options.

Thanks again,
Brent.

Brent Easton