[OSM-dev] created_by considered harmfull

Raphael Studer studerap at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 10:04:28 BST 2007

> > It's a good idea - a separate converter isn't. A separate converter
> > would just waste the benefit of a more compact representation.
>
> As far as I understood, the benefit that people were looking for was
> "reducing traffic volume between the mobile device and whereever that
> device fetches data from".

I guess, none would be unlucky about reduced traffic (and processor
time). Even the server could profit from this enhancement.
I agree with you, that every new line of code in the core is one line
more with a possible bug. But with this perspective, you shoudn't run
any software.

> In what way would this be "wasted" by a separate converter?
By adding a separate converter, there would be no benefit for server.

Raphael