[OSM-dev] Server Timeouts - JOSM and the forthcoming biguploads via the API

Henk Hoff osm at toffehoff.nl
Tue Aug 14 23:19:41 BST 2007

Andy Robinson schreef:
> Tom Hughes [mailto:tom at compton.nu] wrote:
>
>> In message
>>        Andy Robinson <Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>> and

>> doing

>>> Sounds logical although if we want to allow general OSM users to upload
>>> TIGER data themselves it would need a simple interface, so presumably it
>>> would be logical to run it via a website form with the TIGER .osm files
>>> already sitting on the server ready for use?
>>>
>> Well I hadn't given any thought to that level of automation - for
>> the AND data I was assuming it would just be done by hand.
>>
>> Perhaps an upload system like for GPX files, where a daemon then
>> processes the queued files would be a good idea?
>>

> That would work. Perhaps better than someone simply requesting every county
> be imported in one swoop!
>
> Cheers
>
> Andy

I was also thinking of an one-time import job for the AND data. But
thinking about it, a more generic upload-import system
would be good idea since there are more bulkimports to go: the already
mentioned TIGER data, but also the AND-China and AND-India. And I would
not be surprised if more datasets will come available in the near future
(Spain ?).

Cheerio
Henk - "one of the Dutch guys" - Hoff