[OSM-dev] Relationships - working prototype

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Thu Aug 16 15:45:35 BST 2007

On 16/08/2007 15:12, Dave Stubbs wrote:

> Hinting location could easily be done by referencing an actual node,
> which you give a role such as "location".
> One particular entity you might do this for is the is_in style: the
> location would be where we currently have the place= tagged node, so
> just use this node.

Indeed it could. But I was thinking that JOSM etc would display them
differently and allow you to select them as entities for direct editing
rather than go via a node first.

But as long as the editor can determine it is a node which is the
"anchor" point of an entity, then I guess it works OK, and is extensible
for multiple locations.

> The main advantage is that editors such as JOSM already know how to
> create and place nodes without any extra work needed.

True, but then in among the extra entity stuff JOSM has to know about,
this isn't all that significant a part.

David