[OSM-dev] [Talk-GB] cycling routes

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 20:17:27 BST 2007

On 8/16/07, stanley12 at blueyonder.co.uk <stanley12 at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> This has just been brough to my attention.
>
> http://maps.camdencyclists.org.uk/
>
> Had a quick look but nothing too understand it properly. Was wondering if
> it may be of use to those working on the cycle routes if you werent aware
> of it already.

No, I hadn't seen it. Sites like this makes me wish things happen in
different orders - I hate how much time and effort people have put
into google maps before we've finished making better ones for them to
use instead!

Has anyone any experience of making clicky-icons with our stack
(openlayers etc)? For instance, if I have a bunch of nodes tagged e.g.
(don't shoot me for the tagging)
shop=bike
name=Evan's Cycles
url = http://example.com/shopid=5
openinghours=9am-8pm

... and I want to put an icon on the map to click to make a popup -
how do I do this? Is it possible with openlayers?

Cheers,
Andy