[OSM-dev] Tiles at home Strange sea rendering

80n 80n80n at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 13:42:42 BST 2007

On 8/17/07, Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/17/07, 80n <80n80n at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Martijn
> > I've added a timestamp to the file.  As the format has changed I have
> moved
> > the old file to tiles_old.txt, should you still wish to process it.
> >
> > I've also implemented a crude reputation system.  Each row now has a
> score
> > which you could use as a filter in your script if you want.
>
> Thanks very much. I'm not sure about the old file, there were a lot of
> bogus entries. On IRC we were discussing about how we could make the
> process more resistant to, say, a cat walking across the keyboard :).
> Perhaps a confirmaton dialog or some such.

That's why I added the scoring system.  If several people mark a tile in the
same way it's score will go up, and users who mark tiles with more
reliability than a cat will enhance their own reputation.

Any entry with a low score should probably be ignored, until other users
have confirmed it.

80n

There also the issue of the long turnaround time between updates to