[OSM-dev] Planet dump today delayed (ie not today) :-(

Wed Aug 22 16:16:38 BST 2007

It seems todays planet dump got stuck at 4.7GB and is not moving anymore.
The file seems to be modified every now and then (like ever 30 minutes) but doesn't grow significantly.

TomH had changed some database access restrictions, perhaps the mysql server didn't like that. Perhaps it's full moon, I don't know. I killed the dump and restarted it. That means that the planet dump will not appear the next 14 hours or so.

Sorry for that.

spaetz

P.S. On the positive side: we are looking into osmosis as the tool of our choice to produce planet dumps. If it's up to the job, it might help us in the future.