[OSM-dev] josm debian package (Help needed)

Andreas Putzo lists at putzo.net
Wed Aug 22 22:16:54 BST 2007

Hi,

On Aug 22, Joerg Ostertag (OSM Munich/Germany) wrote:

> i just started to build a josm debian package. It can be found in the GpsDrive
> Debian Repository (http://www.gpsdrive.de/debian/).

i'm currently creating a josm and josm-plugins package for debian [1]
so maybe we should not duplicate our efforts. There are still some
issues that needs to be resolved but if you are interested i could
provide a preliminary version until then.

> I placed the plugins at /usr/share/java/openstreetmap-josm/plugins/*.jar. But
> I don't know how to tell josm to look for them in this place. Any help is
> appreciated.

/usr/share/josm/plugins/

> The next question is: which java-debian package to make the josm package
> depend on? Also any help is appreciated.

This needs to be Sun's java at the moment. Both sun-java-5 and
sun-java-6 should be fine.
As already mentioned in this thread there are some minor glitches that
prevents building with gcj. Also, one of the dependencies, metadata-extractor,
depends on sun-java because it uses one of the com.sun. classes.
libgettext-commons-java is already in debian testing and
libmetadata-extractor-java should enter testing in a few days.
MinML2 is still missing, though, due to license issues that hopefully
can be resolved soon.

Cheers, Andreas

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/385371