[OSM-dev] TIGER upload automation

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 19:13:04 BST 2007

On 8/29/07, Dave Hansen <dave at sr71.net> wrote:
> I added a return value from the OsmChangeReader->process() function so
> that we can differentiate between uploaded or not objects.

Ok, that's to do with the timing changes right?

> It adds a -t option to accept additional tags to add to the osm file.
> This is so I can add something like '--tag tiger:county=Sherman, OR' or
> '--tag tiger:upload_uuid:yyyyyyyyy'.  Just in case an upload goes
> bonkers, I can go find the objects from just _that_ upload.

This is a good idea, I like it!

> I also tried to change some of the time estimates so that they only
> track the time we spend uploading.  This is still really hackish.

Ok, The problem you're trying to solve is that sometimes files are
partially uploaded and when you restart it it skips a lot of the file
and that screws the timing. Hrm, tricky.

Also, I saw you removed the default for the $api, why is that.

Have a nice day,