[OSM-dev] TIGER upload automation

Dave Hansen dave at sr71.net
Wed Aug 29 21:47:49 BST 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-29 at 21:42 +0100, Robert (Jamie) Munro wrote:
> IMHO Tiger import takes priority over anything else going on on dev that
> I know about. It's certainly more important than Tiles at Home, for
> example. If T at H gets no updates for a couple of weeks, people won't miss
> it as much as the entire population of the USA miss having any maps at all.

I certainly don't think it is _that_ important.  We'd have more maps in
the US if more people were _mapping_! :)

In any case, the load at upload is going to be pretty darn low.  The
hardest part is creating the .osm files in the first place, because that
requires at least 2GB of RAM for quite a few counties.  I'm doing all of
that locally, and I can upload these to whatever the machine from which
we decide to upload.

-- Dave