[OSM-dev] TIGER upload automation

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 11:28:53 BST 2007

I've just committed a new version which stores the cache in disk in a
DB file, which means the usage is capped at 11MB, no matter how many
objects you upload. Also because of the permanent storage, there's now
better statistics (for example, on the second and later runs you have
access to the total number of changes and uploads so far).

On 8/29/07, Dave Hansen <dave at sr71.net> wrote:
> I added a return value from the OsmChangeReader->process() function so
> that we can differentiate between uploaded or not objects.

Ok, I didn't do this, given the process function can track the usage
just fine without it.

> It adds a -t option to accept additional tags to add to the osm file.
> This is so I can add something like '--tag tiger:county=Sherman, OR' or
> '--tag tiger:upload_uuid:yyyyyyyyy'.  Just in case an upload goes
> bonkers, I can go find the objects from just _that_ upload.

I've implemented this.

> I also tried to change some of the time estimates so that they only
> track the time we spend uploading.  This is still really hackish.

This should be much improved, though I don't have the kind of data to
test with that you have :)

Have a nice day,