[OSM-dev] Deleting Wiki Contents (was: Street Addresses with Relations?)

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Dec 25 22:52:28 GMT 2007

Hi,

Karl Newman wrote:
 > The proposal page is a
> mess, and I'm tempted to wipe it out and start over.

This is something that should be done more often, and more liberally, on
our Wiki. Only recently someone said on the German-language mailing list
"well since using the coastline tag is deprecated..." and I went "WHAT?"
- turns out that someone, with the very best intentions, accidentally
resurrected half-year-old arguments against coastline tagging from the
Wiki page and somehow created a conclusion that sounded like "coastline
tagging is dead".

I know that in the big Wikis, there's a culture of never deleting
other's comments on the talk page lest you step on their toes, but in a
fast-moving environment like ours where people's attention is sometimes
very sporadic, I think we should really delete (or at least, archive,
but then the Wiki does that for us) anything that does not reflect the
current state of affairs.

Bye
Frederik