[OSM-dev] osmarender3 -> osmarender4

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Wed Feb 7 18:52:39 GMT 2007

On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 06:42:09PM +0000, Barry Crabtree wrote:
> Are there plans to move from osmarender3 to osmarender4 for the
> tiles at homescripts?

Frederik is working on that. We had some problems with osmarender4
incompatibilities, but I think we solved them all now. But the styles
have to be re-done first.

> Will it break anything if some scripts worked with osmarender3 and others on
> osmarender4?

We are planning to first use styles which are very similar to the
osmarender3 styles so that we are mostly compatible. This is important
because even if everybody moved over to osmarender4, there are lots of
old tiles out there. Ideally, once it has been proven that osmarender4
works for tiles at home, everybody should switch over. Osmarender4 renders
many thing much much better.

Jochen