[OSM-dev] Script to find tiles that need rebuilding

DamianS damian.sulewski at uni-dortmund.de
Fri Jan 5 14:42:04 GMT 2007

Hi,
thanks for the answer.
After some analyzing i think its the 48 hour problem:
TIles which were rendered in the last 48 hours are not rendered any more,
they are thrown away.
I have locked at the tiles with coastlines and have seen that they are
incomplete, this brought me to this:

If i tag a road and upload it imidiately, the tile for the road wil be
rendered. Then I tag another road in the same tile, it will not be added to
the render que because it was rendered only a few minutes ago.
So when will it be rendered? When someone uploads something in that tile at
least 48 Hours later, or when someone requests the rendering by hand. Same
for the coast, adding the first node marks the tile for rendering.

I have also an tilesAtHome client up and running, and saw that it gets many
requestrs from the "db_nothing_to_do" module (great name ;-) ) so why do we
not put the tiles which were rendered in the last 48 hours into the que with
a lower priority? So they will be rendered later, but they will.

Gretings, Damian