[OSM-dev] tag osmarender:namedirection necessary?

Johann Gail johann.gail at gmx.de
Mon Jan 8 20:08:14 GMT 2007

> This is not always the case.  For example, with very winding roads.

On very winding roads, how would you orientate the labeling? Part of it has always the wrong orientation.

Nevertheless, I've done a small improvement of my scripts. If you insert the folowing code, then the direction is selected automatically. If the selection was bad, then you can inverted the automatic selection with the tag naming_direction.

				<xsl:when test='(tag[@k="name_direction"]/@v="-1" or tag[@k="osmarender:nameDirection"]/@v="-1")
					!= (key("nodeById",key("segmentById",seg[1]/@id)/@from)/@lon < key("nodeById",key("segmentById",seg[last()]/@id)/@to)/@lon)'>