[OSM-dev] Various OSM troubles (osm-subset from planet.osm)

Joerg Ostertag (OSM Munich/Germany) openstreetmap at ostertag.name
Tue Jan 9 07:01:24 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 09 January 2007 00:29, Christoph Eckert wrote:
> Hi Jörg,
>
> > Well maybe you should try to work with the planet dumps. The server
> > is limiting request (because of performance reasons) to a limited
> > time and size. You can use
> >  svn.openstreetmap.org/utils/osm-subset/osm-subset.pl
> > to download and extract a smaller area out of planet.osm.
>
> thanks for this cool tip which I'll surely try. As I'm using Gentoo

That's even better :-))

> (how did you guess I'm using a Linux box?!? :)

By typing on your Keyboard ;-)

But i already got those questions like: These tools are too complicated to
use... you need to download more than one file ... and then perl doesn't find
the ... and after starting the tolls can't find the Module-xy ...

So I decided to add a lot of the initial osm tools to the GpsDrive Package to
make it easier for some newbies to use these tools.

--
Jörg (Germany, Munich)

http://www.ostertag.name/
TeamSpeak2: ts2.ostertag.name, user: tweety, Channel: "GPS Drive"
irc://irc.oftc.net/#osm
Tel.: +49 89 420950304