[OSM-dev] JOSM goes Applet

Thomas Walraet thomas at walraet.com
Mon Jan 15 17:09:03 GMT 2007

Frederik Ramm a écrit :

>> Could this lead to a simple way of using JOSM with Yahoo imagery ?
>
> If the applet can take over the browser (open new window, load and
> execute arbitrary Javascript - namely the Yahoo API code - and then
> transfer imagery loaded in the browser into the Java context) then: yes.
> I am not famliar with the latest developments in this area but most
> security precautions would have to be disabled to make it work. It is
> definitely a road worth investigating, even if it means having to run
> josm as an applet locally...

The current applet is fetching Yahoo image directly. Not through the
browser... So the problem is not technical.

I remember that mail :
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2006-December/009297.html

If the dust isn't settle enough for a real JOSM plugin, maybe we can add
a Yahoo layer to a JOSM applet hosted on OSM servers. For Yahoo, it
should not differ from the current applet situation...