[OSM-dev] Dealing with segements referencing deleted nodesinthe planet dump

Robert Hart Robert.Hart at BuroHappold.com
Thu Jan 18 17:09:52 GMT 2007

> >They don't get delivered by the API. This is actually a shame since
it
> >would make them easier to clean. Looking at
> >www.openstreetmap.org/ruby/api/segment.rb there is no way to delete a
> >segment where one of the nodes is not visible (though it may be
possible
> >to change the nodes to ones which are visible and then delete it).
>
> I've done that manually for a few instances using JOSM. If you get the
> data
> for the nodes and add them to an OSM file with the modify attribute
set
> then
> on upload they will be set to visible again. You can get the node
details
> of
> course through the history which works for nodes whether deleted or
live.

I have a similar problem with two ways in the centre of bath that
reference segments that don't exist. They've been like that for as long
as I can remember....

I tried a similar trick to what you said, and I think they only
reference live segments now, but I still can't seem to delete them. They
come back next time I download in JOSM. Any pointers?

They are ways 2538 and 2542

(They have suspiciously low ID numbers compared to everywhere else in
Bath)

Rob

This message has been scanned for viruses by MailControl - www.mailcontrol.com