[OSM-dev] Slippy Map, automatic Tile Rendering

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Jan 18 18:29:04 GMT 2007

Hi,

>> Another idea: build a trigger that computes the tile number (for each
>> different renderer, if multiple projections are used) and sets a flag
>> for that tile on each insert/update/delete for a certain point / way /
>> whatever.
>
> thing is, I'm not sure mysql has those *g*

It has, starting at v5, but database triggers are the last resort of
those who do not have a well-defined way for data to enter the database.
We do have such a well defined way; anything that should happen whenever
data is updated or changed should really be built into the API and not
into the database, for the reasons cited by Jochen - keeping the
database as lean as possible to ensure maximum performance.

Bye
Frederik