[OSM-dev] Dealing with segements referencing deleted nodesinthe planet dump

Dean Earley dean at earlsoft.co.uk
Fri Jan 19 01:42:40 GMT 2007

80n wrote:
> On 1/18/07, *Dean Earley* <dean at earlsoft.co.uk
> <mailto:dean at earlsoft.co.uk>> wrote:
>>
>> 80n wrote:
>>> They are gone now.  I used the following method to make them
>> dissappear:
>>>
>>> 1) Using JOSM, create a new segment nearby.
>>>
>>> 2) Select the offending way and add the newly created segment to
>> the way.
>>>
>>> 3) Then remove all old segments from the way *except* for the
>>> newly created segment.
>>>
>>> 4) Upload
>>>
>>> 5) Delete the way and newly created segment.
>>>
>>> 6) Upload
>>>
>>> I'm not sure why this works but it seems to do the job.
>>
>> It's just shifted it off to another (non existent) segment. I was
>> reluctant to do that so it could actually be tracked down and fixed
>> rather than hidden :)
>
> As far as the API is concerned the way no longer exists.  It appears
> on no bbox request, and a direct get of the way returns a 404.  That,
> in my book, means it is deleted.  And from previous encounters with
> this kind of problem there is no other way to do it.

Yes, it was in that state before but WAS erroneously being returned.
That means there is still a bug that we can't currently get in a state
to reproduce.
Who knows what/where else this is effecting?

--
Dean Earley, Dee (dean at earlsoft.co.uk)

irc:    irc://irc.blitzed.org/
web:    http://personal.earlsoft.co.uk