[OSM-dev] Filled oceans in tiles at home - request for development work

Thomas Walraet thomas at walraet.com
Mon Jan 22 15:57:29 GMT 2007

Martijn van Oosterhout a écrit :

> Yeah, there's whole cities (like The Hague) which have lots and lots
> of segments, and not a single way among them. I don't understand who
> would do such a thing... It's a bit like breaking an egg in a pan and
> forgetting to turn on the stove: you've acheived nothing for a lot of
> work...

It was probably mapped a few time ago, when OSM doesn't have ways.

If you want to add ways to such cities, you could try my way-creation
plugin for JOSM. It takes all selected segments that aren't part of a
way and create as many ways as needed (a way by group of connected
segments in the same direction without intersection)
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2006-December/009233.html

For those who are good at making maps from the planet dump : It could be
handy to have a map showing location of those segments without ways.