[OSM-dev] Mapnik : any way of controlling the frequency text is written on polylines?

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Tue Jan 23 17:09:38 GMT 2007

Hello Artem (and all),

I'm trying to get heights to appear on contours, e.g. at:

http://nick.dev.openstreetmap.org/mapnik2/100455105.png

However, the height labelling only appears infrequently. At a guess it
only places text along a sufficiently straight section of line. The XML
code is:

<Rule>
<TextSymbolizer name="height" face_name="Bitstream Vera Sans Roman"
size="8" fill="#fb9b67" halo_radius="0" placement="line"/>
</Rule>

Is there a parameter I can set to increase the frequency of text placement
along the contour lines?

Thanks,
Nick