[OSM-dev] Tiles with data, but without ways

Dean Earley dean at earlsoft.co.uk
Tue Jan 23 18:14:08 GMT 2007

Jochen Topf wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 09:31:38PM +0000, 80n wrote:
>> If segments are rendered then IMHO they should be rendered in purple or some
>> obnoxious shade of brown so that people are strongly motivated not to leave
>> them like that.
>
> Maybe we should try this out. Can anybody point me to an area where
> there are untagged segments without ways (and also tagged ways for
> contrast)? I'll render them with different rules and we see what it looks
> like.

Portsmouth has a fair amount of data with absolutely no tags at all form
before I started.
The ways there seem to be from the few visits I've made with a working gps.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/index.html?lat=50.808278459446015&lon=-1.0616385670751745&zoom=11

Enjoy

--
Dean Earley, Dee (dean at earlsoft.co.uk)