[OSM-dev] Mapnik : any way of controlling the frequency text is written on polylines?

Artem Pavlenko artem at pavlenko.uklinux.net
Tue Jan 23 20:53:18 GMT 2007

NIck,

Looks like your contours made from disjoined segments. I think connecting them
into longer polylines would improve text labels.  At the moment there is no
attempts to render text if segment is not long enough.

Also, you could try pre-calculating label positions and store them in separate
shapefile? You can even get then lined up nicely ??

Having said all that, I haven't tried to render labels on your contours yet :)
Where do I get  your styles.xml ?

Cheers,
--Artem