[OSM-dev] Mapnik : any way of controlling the frequency text is written on polylines?

Artem Pavlenko artem at pavlenko.uklinux.net
Fri Jan 26 20:22:01 GMT 2007

Hi Nick,

There is no way to explicitly specify angle for text placement at the moment.
It would be nice feature to add and I'm planning to implement this for 0.5.0.

What you could try doing is to create line segments (long enough!) and
use "lineplacement" for text labels. It should give you good results.

BTW, there is http://trac.mapnik.org -  feel free to add new feature request!

Cheers,
Artem