[OSM-dev] Non-latin fonts on the slippy map

Dave osm at randomjunk.co.uk
Tue Jan 30 16:55:48 GMT 2007

Joerg Ostertag (OSM Munich/Germany) wrote:
> Can you give us a little bit more hints which are the ubuntu/debian Packages
> for these languages?

I don't think you actually need the full language support pack for just
displaying text, just the font packages, in which case I think the
following should do it, but I haven't tested, as it all works out of the
box on the two ubuntu systems I have access to.

ttf-arabeyes
ttf-arphic-ukai
ttf-arphic-uming
ttf-thai-twlg
ttf-devanagari-fonts

If that doesn't work then the full language packs would be:
language-support-ar (arabic)
language-support-th (thai)
language-support-zh (chinese)
language-support-hi (hindi)