[OSM-dev] Drawing ways with beziercurves rather than linesegments

Barry Crabtree barry.crabtree at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 19:42:07 GMT 2007

So, what would be useful to do now?

I'm running a tiles at home client, so could modify my version so it produced
'bezierified' ways, but I'm not sure that would be a good thing to do as it
stands. (would that be considered pollution!)

Do you want to see more examples? I can certainly generate the tiles but
don't have anywhere to host them so people could have a look....

Current examples at: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/User:Dotbaz

Cheers .Baz

On 1/29/07, Robert (Jamie) Munro <rjmunro at arjam.net> wrote:

> Barry Crabtree wrote:
> > It seemed that people generally prefered the bezier versions than the
> > straight-line version for small angle changes & there was talk of adding
> > hints to suggest where they might be used. If there was a general
> > preference for them, would this be better as a hint to suggest where
> > they might not be used - (probably less hints overall?)
>
> Heuristics (i.e. rules) should be used as far as possible to generate
> the beziers. We should support hints to turn them both on or off when
> the rules give the undesirable result.
>
> Robert (Jamie) Munro

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever.  - Gandhi.